View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHALENTJ View Post
Lots of bike for the price, I love mine and will have it along time. At 14K km with no problems.
Don't get me wrong, it looks like an awesome bike. I'd have one right now if it weren't for unforeseen financial obligations. I had all intentions of buying earlier this year.

With that said, there was an ad in the Trader all season long for this "rare" bike. The Ontario dealer described it as being rare and having only one in stock, priced at MSRP. It remained in stock for more than 4 months... they may still have it, but I stopped looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
As is the case with most Canadian reps/importers, Yamaha Canada [now closed down] incorrectly priced the Tenere, which we all know is MSRP priced $3000 less across the border.
Even with the price imbalance between the US and Canada, it's still a strong competitor to the BMW R1200GS and priced thousands less in similar configuration. I cannot explain why the bike didn't sell well here, other than to say there's no market for it. I doubt Honda could do anything differently and have more success.