View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #73
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
Cornering was never the problem with the Burgman Highway and mountains it was a good ride though the seat wasn't all I would wish for long rides. It simply isn't the bike for me. I have never been happier to trade in a scoot than I was the Burgman 400 for the BV 500. Though my favorite is the Aprilia Scarabeo 500. If the Burgmans either 400 or 650 work for you, great, I'm glad to hear it but I've never made any bones about not caring for its ergonomics and its slow speed handling/moving it around the garage are not what I would wish. Sure I could do it once I figured out its balance points but it wasn't "fun" and if it isn't fun I might as well drive a truck. So I traded it for something that is fun for me.
Actually my ride of choice is a bigwheel SYM Citycom 300i for similar reasons. I'm hooked on the responsive handling and performance of my middleweight. If somebody offered me a new Citycom or a new Burgman I would take the Citycom without hesitation if I could only have one. It's way more fun for most of the riding I currently do in my commute and in the weekend mountain twisties.

But if I needed a replacement for my 02 V-Strom 1000 beastie to go backroad camping touring with; the Burgman with its huge internal storage would be very handy. It would be a much better cruiser than the Intruder 1400's I have owned and put many miles on. At six four and a half I don't fit comfortably on most scoots but I do on those two bikes.
Phipsd is offline   Reply With Quote