View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #50
blackSP
62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50

Oddometer: 450
I owned pretty much any type of bike you can think of and many brands, but never a Harley Davidson.
So as of January my KTM 690 Enduro R will have a buddy, a 2013 Sportster LX 1200 CA. All black.

I stopped with beemers after owning many over some 20 years as I decided I really don't want a one size fits all bike anymore. After the 1200GS and the HP2 Enduro I got me a KTM 690. Although the 690 is capable of doing both road and off road I pretty much only enjoy it in the mud. On the road it's too light and with knobbies it's really not a pretty ride. The HP2 I had was a great dual sport but too heavy off road, making me skip single tracks and other fun stuff.

Better get yourself 2 bikes (or whatever number suits you) that are build for a purpose and make you enjoy that space they sit in. I discovered over the years that the 'all purpose' bikes are also a bit boring when it comes down to it. OK, going really fast, comfortable and safe and all is great but I got fed up with that. The R1200GS(A) is really a great bike but I found it to be soulless after I switched to the HP2 Enduro... But I'm quite a moody person, always looking for the next best thing. My best...

The Harley is not fast, the brakes are truly sheit, the worst ones I ever encountered on any bike over 30 years.
I see some shocks and brakes upgrades ahead of me...

But the most important thing: the test ride gave me a big big smile! Just like the KTM did and still does!

Update:
This is my bike, in the flesh, in the wild so to say. Great, love it!

b l a c k S P e c i a l s

blackSP screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 02:45 PM
blackSP is offline   Reply With Quote