View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #75
alison's wanderland OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Time for math...

iding in Puerto Vallarta with a group of 7 proved to be max capacity when traveling along 2 lane mexican highways. Some gestures to pass slow semis took upwards of 10 min for the entire group to re-gather. So the group dispersed: 2 headed south along the tropical coast, 1 stayed, and 4 of us rode into the highlands for cooler temperatures and more colonial cities.

the town of Tequila came later in the day than expected, so we ended up paying more than we wanted to for the evening since the only place we could find in a lively town with secure parking was one of the nicer establishments in town.

The next morning the group split again, 2 of us taking off early, me in hopes of being able to stop and take more pictures (like the girl that i am), and a leisurely walk through a town market. Besides, knowing the other 2's speedy capabilities, we agreed to meet in Patzcuaro for Dia de los Muertos festivities. They made it, but we never did. We stopped just short of it in Zacapu as night settled over us and enjoyed a festivities on a small town celebration.

We liked it so much, we stayed another night at Hotel Plaza Zacapu (I highly recommend) and caught up on things like laundry. Plus we couldn't beat the secure parking next door at the conveniently closed doctors office:

2003 KLR685 – gone with the summer winds of Patagonia : 2012-13 -> L.A. to Ushuaia
adventures in : alison's wanderland
alison's wanderland is offline   Reply With Quote