View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 973
Well, we met up via texts @ a coffee joint in Troutdale...although, some guy from Salem drove a truck, he was saying something about warm seats, drinking coffee & how the occasional drop of rain didn't run down the back of his neck...but neglected to see the power wires going to both of our heated clothing set-ups...toasty.

We headed along towards Larch mtn (on top of the gorge past Multnomah Falls...where we could've dropped down to the highway), but got turned back to Corbett with road closures. We dropped down to 84 @ Corbett, & ripped up to a nice little river stop, south of the highway, to view the Salmon spawning. On further to Cascade locks, to the "Char Burger" for brecky.
As we were a bit behind on the time, we carried on out east on 84 to The Dalles, over the bridge to Dallesport, to the RV park, & the Trials event.

Threecows eagerly looking on.

Gary, Kary & Mike (the truck driver).

The pros, taking their turns.

Sweet bikes, Kary kindly allowed me to hop on his knarly bike for a little play...i promptly refrained from critiquing any other riders after that!

This was an aweful rock double step-up, which was causing some trouble...think it was the fact i was standing there flashing my camera.

This guy stepped it up nicely.

The cagers had to get a photo of the keen ones to brave the weather...self & Threecows.

"The Cagers", Slow-Joe, lovely wife Donell? & Mike the cheeky bugga.

Great to meet up with Joe & Donell, who suprised us with a visit.
Glad i went out & thanks to Gary joining in on the ride, didn't get alot of rain on the way out, none at the event...but had to put up with the spray of the trucks etc on the trip back to Troutdale on 84. Still, for some bent reason...i love it out riding in all the knarly elements & braving all that mother nature spits at me!

Great day!

"Creative use of what we have is part of the point of motorcycling"- Kevin Smith/Motorcyclist Magazine.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote