View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #33
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomuffin View Post
I never got knocked up, never got married ( haven't had a real boyfriend in 20 yrs) and have 3 family members. I don't know what i'd do faced w/ the knowledge of imminent demise... Buy a new bike I suppose.... and take off.
Mom was lucky, after a lifelong battle w/ depression she died of a massive heart attack.
I feel pretty done w/ this life. I don't have too many expectations of the rest of it given my own struggles w/ depression, but wouldn't off myself in an obvious way due to the few family members I have left.
I never got anybody knocked up (not for lack of trying.) I did get married for better or worse (it got worse.) I have had real girlfriends for over twenty years (I feel blessed for that, esp Sylvia who was actually my dom partner.)

I do know what I did when faced with the imminent demise of my loved one: I supported her to her last dying breath. It was one of the best choices I ever made in my adult lifetime and I would do it again in spite of all the pain & agony without a moments hesitation; including buying a new KTM that we both loved to ride the piss out of!

I have been lucky so far. I am blessed with parents still alive and 60 years together. They are both legally blind, but not of or to each other.

I am not blind to the effects of depression on those around me. I feel even at my late age that I am beginning more than ending, there just isn't enough time to do all the great things I wanna do.

I am glad to know you would not off yourself; that would be bad and I'd kick your ass for doing so. That would be a very selfish thing for you to do in my opinion.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for. If things ever look that bad give me a call and I will hold your hand, all night if neccessary.

Things usually turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is online now   Reply With Quote