View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #17
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,476
Thank you every one to date for the kind comments.

Squawk the tyres worked well. Very good on the fast twisty tarmac where the was the odd 'race' was had!!

One thing I did notice was the other XTZ had the same tyres on. It covered the same distance on the same trails and the rear did have lumps and chunks out of it whereupon mine had nothing....no cuts...no chunks out etc. It was that noticeable I thought to take a pic for my ride report but I forgot!!!....I think the difference was that the other tyre was the 130 as mine was the 140. I'd take the tyre again for the trails I rode and the road work that I did. For all the mud off road they coped OK but as always not as good as a knobbly in the mud.

They are a good compromise. The front is not great on sand or feche-feche but to be honest that type of going only makes up for about 10% of the total off road going. The majority of sand going is soft sand sitting on hard pack underneath. Keeping the power on always helps to steer the moto. The rest of the going is stone hard pack with the odd dry lake bed thrown in.....

I ordered the tyres from www.oponeo.com and they arrived in two or three days. Very pleased with the service.

Any other questions you have by all means ask.

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 07:41 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote