View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #18
WIBO OP
Will it buff out?

Oddometer: 3,473
So we arrive at Bikershome to a great welcome. You turn off left after a few streets before Ouarzazate comes to and end on the route de Zagora....(there'll be a sign for it on the LHS of the main drag)

[IMG][/IMG]

There's enough room to stash the motos. If you notice you'll see on the RHS a whole pile of broken KTM rims from the rental motos...apparently weak rims not up to the job therefore all needing to be replaced.( Oddly Christophe's KTM525 at home here is suffering from cracks on both rims front and rear)

[IMG][/IMG]

A beer and then bed down for the night after Noah changes a tyre. They're told "No jumping on the beds!!"

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Then up in the morning and to head into Ouarzazate a short distance to get petrol.

Phil confirms his moto is still a moto by poking it...

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the sign you should look for when just about to exit Ouarzazate.

[IMG][/IMG]

Another fuel stop of 138.00Dhms for 11.11Ltrs and 235kms (12.42Dhms/litr)

We head on up out of Ouarzazate by tarmac over the mountains heading in the Zagora direction. The twisties are great for racing on. We stop at a little lay by I know where there's usually only 2 or 3 dudes trying to sell you stuff. The views here are great where you can look down on canyons in the sedimentary rock eaten away over millions of years.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After the road work I stop at a main junction and wait for the LR. This donkey arrives first.....after seeing some of the riding antics of the EDC it'd probably be better to swop to this from a moto. lol

From here we'll pick up on the off road route that will bring us to Zagora. I head off with the riders who hadn't off roaded before and the others head off to cover a longer route...both heading in the Zagora direction

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ken arrives soon after...he'd stopped to vomit (Moroccan food)much to the amusement of the locals...of course nobody laughed....much...

[IMG][/IMG]

I even spy another Unimog....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: I don't give a fuck what you think.

WIBO screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 09:50 AM
WIBO is offline   Reply With Quote