View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #13868
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr E View Post
Spent the better part of Sunday afternoon reading this thread. I had hoped to be to the end by Thanksgiving...(Currently at post 4100). I am finding that this build of mine is taking on a life on of its own because of this thread and all of you.

Most bikes I work on are newer in nature so there is not a lot of information on what you can/can't do to them. Yet with the TA, the Mod thread is like going through a history book seeing all the work that people have done. But it does not stop there, the human factor is incredible and the trials and tribulations and even the passing of some members draws you into a very extended and wide family history. So many times I am tempted to respond to a question or comment but I have to stop myself as they were asked and answered 7 years ago. So as I work my way to the present day section of the thread I find that I am beginning to weave myself into a very long linage of riders and builders who are really paving the way for the new owners like myself. I hope my efforts to copy the work they have done, does them justice. Thank you all for what you have done, I look forward to what will be down the road.
I did the same thing when I got my TA. For thoes of us into this stuff, it's like a good book you can't put down. It was interesting to trace the migration of individual bikes from new owner to new owner and the changes they made. Also the coming and going of owners as their needs/wants change. Some members have greater knowledge/experience in one area and others in different areas, most are very helpful with answering questions even if they have been answered many times before. It's unfortunate that many of the the early pictures have been "dropped" , and there is no assurance that recent pictures will endure. I have a very disorganized set of notes/references, and save or print things I want to keep. Looking forward to watching yours and others continuing interpretations.
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote