View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #49114
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsdad View Post
let me preface by saying i'm a fan of mendoteach, and follow his advice word for word, typically; however, my experience was much different in the aftermarket exhaust realm. i put the vance and hines xcr exhaust on (with a ceramic coated stock header), and it made a HUGE difference to me. i'm 250 lbs, and it will pull wheelies much easier now, even in third with a good yank of the bars and a little clutch. power over all is much better through the whole curve, with quite a bit more top end than before. my exhaust is definitely on the loud side, fyi. just my $0.02.
First, thanks for being my first ever fan. Second, I don't think the FMF Q is the power monger of aftermarket exhausts. The one thing I was very disappointed with was the weight. You hear all these stories of how pounds get shed with them. I was hoping for something substantially lighter. It made a difference, mostly on top, but pretty subtle compared to the nearly free Dave's mods. My stock exhaust also had the welds ground on the header for whatever that's worth.
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote