View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #13
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianRider View Post
So ... I "crashed" my F700 again.

I had a Speed Triple for a year. That's a liter sport bike. I have done some stupid, insane shit on my Triple and other than dropping it in a parking lot at a standstill because my side stand wasn't fully down, I never got into an accident with it.

Seriously ... is it that the F700 falls more easily? Unlikely scenario

Is it that I suck and I just got lucky after 6000 miles of crazy shit on the Speed Triple?

I mean I rode the Triple like I stole it and nothing bad ever happened to it.

I am extra, extra careful with this one and today, without any justification or excuses, I screwed up and dropped it in a turn that should have been totally safe and fine and that I have done a million times on other bikes.

The F700 doesn't like me or my inner squid is coming out.

Or maybe the Triple was more stable than the F700 and was able to forgive the fact that I am not a good rider at all ...

Not quite sure what to think at this point.
I'm a conservativer rider, middle aged - so cue self righteous preaching.. you have been warned..

If you do "crazy shit" you are, in the end, going to crash.
If you expect the round every corner successfully just because you did it OK yesterday, you are, in the end, going to crash.
If you ride a motorbike, you are, in the end, going to crash.

I don't know what your background is, if you've had any meaningful training, but maybe you'd benefit from a track day? or half a day's advanced training?

or simply riding your new bike like you didn't steal it until you get to know it a bit better.

I didn't expect my VF to handle like my bro's Kat, or my Goose to turn like my GS425.

ps: I assume the bike is safe to ride? tyre pressure? brakes? suspension? etc etc - tyre pressure is the one most often ignored
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote