View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #353
wayne_l
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
we had followed a grader as well almost soon as it hit gravel once leaving cantwell and then it was 4 inches of super soft sand followed by lots of red mud later on .. i had hit a rock only few miles in and bottomed out pinching off my kickstand safety switch killing motor right away .. mind you that bike then was 3 days old lol .. quick splice and duct tape we trucked on and found some super slick clay in the heavy rain that almost took us out .. we were going pretty good and up pretty high in a bend and out off nowhere it went from good gravel to 8 inches of clay for 40 feet ..it just became a point and shoot .. and my buddys v strom had have used street tire up front .. he did great though never dropped it once ..

we had real heavy rain all the way in till we hit the camp ground at tangle lakes ..we were wanting to relaxe and have a cold brew right then lol ..

we knew we were in for a licking in cantwell

this picture is from a cell tower looking over the delta river and and just past summit lake on the right side of freeway

I really miss home now lol ..

Oh and im partial to Virginia too its where i married my wife 17 yrs ago while we were both stationed there ..
wayne_l is offline   Reply With Quote