View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #45
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Thanks Wetside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetSideRider View Post
A young suicide is a tragedy. As we age, suicide gains some measure of heroism, to me. When the strong grow weak after a lifetime of carrying others, they often decide that they donít want to be a burden. They donít want to inflict the pain of loss that they themselves have felt in a lifetime of loss. Itís a false hope, the hope that our loss will be less if our loved ones donít see us suffer, but it is a loving hope that I respect.

If I am granted a forewarning of the end, I hope I am able to handle it with grace, and act as an example to the ones that I care about who are left behind, for now.

I think twice about posting this. More than twice. But every year for 24 years now, this time of year makes me melancholy. I like people more now than I did then, and I try to be a little more understanding. Maybe this note is helpful to someone.
There is not a day that I do not think about the brother that I lost to suicide. It takes some grace to accept that we cannot know how it feels to be someone without hope. Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote