View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #76
j_csquare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Two or three years ago, a friend visited me for a few days. He wanted to go riding and asked me to arrange a retal bike for him. The choices were somewhat limited, and the best option I could find was a Suzuki Boulevard M109R. Neither of us are into cruisers, but we were both mildly excited to try it. The bike looked fabulous in white with a blue GT stripe down the middle like the one in the pic. I was not expecting it to handle like a sports bike, but I thought it would be OK for a cruiser. Having enjoyed the massive torque of a Triumph Rocket III on occations, I was hoping that the Suzuki's 1,800 cc motor would deliver similar thrills. We were both very disappointed. The motor proved to be gutless, ground clearance was nonexistent and that fat rear tyre produced plenty of sphincter-clenching slides around corners on wet roads. In addition, the upright, feet forward seating position made it the single most uncomfortable bike that I have ever experienced. Not even a full-on sports bike could have inflicted more lower back pain on an extended ride.

j_csquare screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 12:32 AM
j_csquare is offline   Reply With Quote