View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #352
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix View Post
I've read through most of this thread, see myself at various points in my life and relationships in some of the stories, and could add a few horror stories of my own. I think I'll save some electrons, though, and just note that Jim absolutely NAILED IT on post #2 above. So Jim, how many marriages have you been through to gain so much wisdom? I'm on my third, so I've learned a few things about the ways of women and relationships (#3 tells me the lessons have paid off). Thank you, Dear, you're right of course.

BTW, after two failed marriages, living alone for years, and dating a number of ladies I have found a woman who celebrates me being myself and I celebrate her being herself and it works GREAT! We talk and compromise and things work out very nicely for both of us. We're both very independent but recognize we're stronger together than separately. She's a keeper and she says I am too. We enjoy each others' company but are happy when apart as well. Finally, the partnership we've always wanted and knew we should have.

Doug
Hi Doug,

More than one, and more than a couple LTRs. It is the LTRs before marriage that really showed me the right from wrong in a relationship.

Fortunately, like you, I now have a wife that is very complimentary with me. We do our own things, and we do a lot together. We do not tell each other what to do, but we discuss a lot. She or I go shopping when we like and buy what we like, but both of us are mature enough to keep it reasonable, and discuss the big purchasses.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote