Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #34
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,805
2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
UPDATE:

Returned from the two day camp at Sonoma Raceway at Sears Point,CA. Everything was provided: boots,leathers,back protector, gloves, and helmet. I brought my own helmet and boots. They also provide a breakfast that includes sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, waffles, coffee, juice, etc. Lunch was also provided which was a nice sandwich (turkey, ham, or roast beef), fruit, cookies, salad, and chips. Cold water, Gatorade, sodas, and snacks are provided throughout the day. The director said "if you can't find it just ask". In the evening, we went to one of the many fine restaurants in California's wine country. The weather was perfect: 80 degrees and sunny.

The school consisted of five seminars each day followed by a track session to perform a drill that reinforced the seminar. The last two track sessions of the day are to work on whatever you and your coach feel needs work. Each day also includes a ride on the camera bike which records a lap around the track. They give you a DVD with both rides to take home. There is also a lean bike that the instructor uses to teach proper body positioning when cornering. The braking bike was available but most people didn't make use of it.

I learned a lot and have gained confidence when cornering. This was my first track experience and I found it perfect because people were there to learn rather than show off.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful including Keith Code himself. The S1000RR was awesome and it never faltered or lost grip despite being leaned hard. I kept it in rain mode until the last session. I was there to learn finesse in the corners, not speed on the straights.

I went through levels 1 and 2 and will definitely return to go through levels 3 and 4.
I second that the CSS is top notch. I haven't been for about 8 years now and I want to go back. Living in the midwest now, anything I do will be fly and rent, including leathers. Did you stay at a nearby hotel and was that included? Did they shuttle you around in the van or did you cab it places? Just trying to get a sense of additional costs. Thanks!
SilkMoneyLove is online now   Reply With Quote