View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #18640
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
$7000 in FREE farkles with GS purchase!

I am probably going to regret doing this as I have spent a bunch of time and money getting this bike exactly the way I want it but here goes...

I may have the opportunity to purchase something much newer and with less miles than my faithful and trusty GS. If that opportunity arises, I want to be ready and have this bike already sold. I am going to detail the bike, take some snazzy pictures and post it in the flea market and on CL next week. But you, my dear friends, can have first dibs...

2005 BMW R1200GS, 61,000 miles, runs flawlessly, has faithfully taken me on 1,000+ mile days, numerous trips to work and on many DS rides and unlike my wife, she never, ever, complained. Mechanically, bike is an A+, cosmetically, she looks like a loved GS that is almost 8 years old (and the way a GS of her age should look!) Except for scuffs on the engine guards (which will be repainted by me this weekend) she looks good and runs even better! There is some mild fraying on the front seams of the saddle. I wouldn't hesitate leaving for Tierra Del Fuego in the morning! As a precaution, final drive seals were replaced at 50,000 miles by dealer. Just inspected...

Just from what I recall off the top of my head, this bike is LOADED with over $7000 in extras shown below! At this point, I do not want to go crazy taking the bike apart to sell farkles seperately but that may change and would be reflected in a lower price for the whole package...

$7000 in farkles included (This does not take into account any of the $$$$ spent on installation):
Front and rear Wilbur’s suspension with remote adjuster on rear. $1700
Jesse Bags and Jesse topcase (with cool stickers and yards of SOLAS tape!) $1700
AKS Cruise Control $140
Mayer comfort saddle $450
Aeroflow touring windshield $500
Custom low cut summer shield $45
Stock windsheild included $0
BMW engine guards $300
Hepco&Becker tank guards $275
Headlight protector gel sheet $30
Mr. Toad's LED spotlights and LED daytime running lights $140 (crazy bright!)
Photon Blasters (front) $129
Front Fender extender $35
Jumbo Fastway foot pegs $160
Battery tender pigtail $13
Rox Risers $90
GS Adventure beak $60
Inner rear mudguard $35
Kickstand footprint enlarger $34
Wired for Zumo 550 (GPS and mount NOT included) $15
All three JVB GS videos $60
Fusebox (custom made and installed by electrical enginner, thanks Guy!) $100
Wolo “Bad boy” 139dB horn (very loud!) $40
Touratech Head protectors $204
TKC’s with less than 500 miles $280
Extra set of Shinko 705’s with less than 500 miles $180
Wunderlich handlebar bag $60

Plus more I am certain that I have forgotten...

$9000

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 12:26 PM Reason: More farkles to add!
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote