View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #38
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,039
I'll add one other thought. I know buying negotiable products is an emotional transaction more most of us. However, I have never known myself to feel I paid too much.

My last purchase was a tough buy. The word was a limited supply would be imported and only for deposited buyers. I was willing to pay whatever it cost to get what might be my last motorcycle. I was fearful I might not get one at all. Worse, none of my dealer friends could access the bike. So I had to find a dealer with an allocation from KTM of their new 690R.

I called all the dealers within 300 miles of Boston. Only one offered me a price. I bought it on the spot, but it took several more weeks to get the bike because I was bumped to the 2nd wave of imports. On the phone they shaved the dealer prep and a couple hundred more off of MSRP. No free first service, though. Of course, that wasn't an issue because they knew I wasn't going that far for a first service. Anyway, I never even thought of that stuff. I just wanted my share of the 2012 allocations.

Razee Motorcycle in RI. Mega dealer (BMW, Duc, KTM, Yam, Goose and a couple others), but family owned for 50 years! Great race shop too. I just wish they were not 1.5 hours away!
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote