View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #93
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Did you watch the vid ? Even El Matador mentions this Dakar being a first step in a program. To me the vechicle looks sorted and capable...time will tell
Yeah... I watched the vid... lot's of good rhetoric and the usual cliches for the sponsors...

A few more quick knee jerk reactions from the little we saw of the car in action...

1. Rear engine clearance/overhang - very close to ground/exposed.
2. Spare tyre on side/low... exposed with no under protection... perfect for getting a stone/stick puncture... ideal if you want a flat before you need to change tyres.
3. The couple of airborne high spee shots... flies very tail heavy...?

Yeah... no doubt it will be fast (like a lot of the SCORE Class 1 buggies it borrows much of it's technology from)... but for how long/how far?

I would not bet against the prediction that Strong Bad made earlier in this thread in any case.

But it IS nice to see Red Bull and Qatar get behind two of the biggest names in the DAKAR from recent years and give the two past champions a shot at the race in 2013... maybe it can be developed in years to come to be a contender (like RG's Speed/Hummer outfit)... but four months is too short to deliver a winner for 2103 I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote