View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #37
mfp4073 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
I've always been a tightwad on shields so I use nothing on them but soap and water. I take them off and wash them using dish soap and water, I lather the lense up and let it soak a bit, then wash off. I've also used folded paper towels soaked with window cleaner too, to soak off the dried bugs. Otherwise the bugs remain on them until I do wash them. Seems most any rubbing of any sort has cause swirls when I've done so in the past.

I've only bought one new shield for a helmet in the past 15 years or so, never needing new ones.

I do a similar plan with goggles, but use tear offs on the lense, since they're dirt cheap. I've replaced two lenses in about 12 years, using the tear off plan. The leses eventually get scuffed by dust that gets under the tear off.

That's the way I do it.
Paper towels will scratch plexi when dry. I have a cotton t shirt that I cut up in my mud room/gear area that gets used, into the washing machine then back again.
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. Thatís the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote