View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
Sport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikemaster View Post
Hi to all. I'm a UK Triumph Tiger owner and I'm hopefully renting a bike in SF last week of this month. I have 48hrs free for this on this trip - I'll be keeping to black-top roads. Bike will probably be a 1200GS.

Which routes could you guys suggest given I have only 2 days but don't want to ride myself into the ground? Ideas? Owens Valley?
Just three hours southeast are some of the largest old growth redwoods in the world here,

http://www.parks.ca.gov/mediagallery/?page_id=551

The north grove is always open and after walking out among them (a very nearly religious experience) on a very nicely prepared trail, you can ride east on 4 up to the snow line. Very beautiful ride. You could spend the day riding east on 108 also to the snow line or take 88 east. It's almost always open if you wanted to head to S Lake Tahoe, also a great ride with spectacular scenery.

Oh and lane splitting or sharing is when traffic is slow or stopped and you're trying to keep going. Filtering is when traffic is stopped for a red light or construction and you filter up to the front. Most road workers in construction zones (flagmen) will wave you up to the front.

Sport screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 08:48 AM
Sport is offline   Reply With Quote