View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #347
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Troy being from australia and being too busy with work these past few months, please enlighten me as to the saga of BF?

There's a whole thread that explains it in detail; http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801466&highlight=bordone+Ferrari

I've read about them so many times on ADV but what is/was about them that made everyone (?) so keen on them?

Many were keen to see a new "player" in Rally Raid/Moto circles... expectations exceeded reality... as often is the case.

PS we all know Honda are going to win 2013 dakar. Having just won the baja1000 with their farmbike, JC will be super motivated to keep kicking austrian ass ;)
HONDA is to DAKAR (still at the moment) where KTM is in SCORE/Baja circles... but they have made a stated plan to change that. Any result (a podium spot) in 2013 DAKAR will be gravy... development over the 2013 rally season could well see them start "favourite" for 2014... but not yet, I don't believe.

JC will be motivated no doubt... but again; this is DAKAR not baja... he is far from "running the show" (like the US/Baja JCR effort). He is one of five riders on the team - certainly drafted for his experience and expertise - but my understanding is that he is there in a waterboy/support rider role... not a spearhead.

Hero worship is a wonderful thing ain't it...?

I wish the HRC team and all it's rider/crew the best for Dakar... it will be great to see if they CAN take the fight to the orange team... It's just that I think the KTM squad have the runs on the board, a proven bike, a proven team and (still) the best two rally exponents on the #1 and #2 machines... they have yet to be dethroned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 12:39 PM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote