View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #334
karmataburn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Presumably Quinn wears knee braces?

Strange that he got a fracture if he was?
I agree with woodzrider. If Quinn was wearing knee braces, the braces more than likely contributed to the broken femur. I have had a few friends break there femurs while wearing knee braces and all 3 of the fractures occurred right where the top of the braces sit over the femur bone.

At the 2010 Baja 500 I blew out my ACL during my section. I was wearing knee braces and did not even crash. My foot caught a rock while in a turn and the tank pushed into my knee. It was actually uneventful but I knew I had just blown my knee. The next guy on my team went down and broke his femur. At the time I felt my injury was no where near as severe as his.

My friend with the broken femur ended up back at work 3 weeks after his surgery and made a full recovery in about 7 months. I went in 2 weeks after my injury and had my ACL replaced. It took me 7 months to get back to riding a bicycle and 10 months to start riding Moto. Even though I am fully recovered I can always tell that my injured knee is not the same as it was before the injury. In hindsight even though I am sure it is way more traumatic to break a femur I would rather deal with that then a soft tissue injury.

Sorry for the long winded rant and the slight de rail of the thread but I am a huge fan of Knee braces and I blame my injury on a lack of knowledge on how to properly fit them and set them up.
karmataburn is offline   Reply With Quote