View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
FishrCutB8 OP
Oh HAI!

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2 View Post
Well, I've got some input for you. First, I believe wizz is wrong about the Uly. I now have an 06 Uly & an 05 DR650 I just bought. I got it because I was looking for some easy to load in the truck bikes to take camping. My wife and I usually take the Buells and ride to Colorado or New Mexico and camp and explore.
I decided that if we loaded up bikes and drove out we would have more time to enjoy once there. I'm rambling.

Anyway, I spent yesterday riding the DR & Uly back to back on gravel and two track pasture roads trying to compare them. Right now I am about as undecided as you are. I'm not really seeing a big difference on roads that would be about equal to Forestry Service roads or easy Jeep trails in Colorado. I thought the DR would be a big improvement on these roads but it isn't much different. Now, I will be the first to admit I am a far from serious rider. I just like to explore and see new places.
I'm sure the DR would really come into it's own on single track or very rough Jeep trails but that's not what I ride. I am sure the Uly kicks it's butt in comfort, especially passenger comfort, power and highway travel. Gas mileage seems to be oddly the same.

I hope you find what your after! I have 5 bikes in the garage and still haven't found what I'm looking for but the Uly seems damn close and it is a real bargain. Lately, I have seen several for 4k or less. I don't care what anybody says, it's an awful good bike for the money. I'm sorry for the long winded post

Good Luck.
Murf
Not long-winded at all. This is part of what I was looking for. I have seen people busting on them, but the people who ride them seem to love them. With HD giving up on Buell, though, I worry about getting parts later on.
FishrCutB8 is offline   Reply With Quote