View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #1193
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,143
Sorry I didn't check ADV before heading out today; you'd have been welcome to ride w/me, DSJ. Did you get out for a ride?

I needed a mental health day after all that cooking, so before lunch today I mapped out about a 55-mile trail from Neeses to Ridge Spring and rode it after lunch, for a 110-mile round trip. I'd say it was approximately 75% dirt. There's some nice rolling country over that way (think "Aiken horse country"-North). I saw some people riding horses today, and 4 wild turkeys.

Now I'd like to map from Ridge Spring over to Cayce, and combine it with the Livingston to Cayce section of the MEOW, and that would be a nice 150+ mile dirty loop. Then I want to map from Ridge Spring over into the Long Cane district of the Sumter NF and then swoop way down to the Augusta Stagecoach Rd area, then from there probably tie in to the Southern part of the HO-CAT.