View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
My little run into the Gold Country this morning is an example of what I love about scooters:

Plymouth, CA-Main Street

Plymouth-fall colors

Shenandoah Valley, east of Plymouth

Mt Aukum Road at D'Agostini Reservoir

Same-same

I like the way the BV responds to me and the road. I like the way it handles and how it's simple and easy to ride and that I don't have to worry about whether I picked the right gear for the curve. I like that I don't have 800 pounds of pig iron to wrestle with. I like that I can store stuff relatively securely on the machine. I like that it has good power for its displacement and that it goes as fast as I want to go without straining or sounding like it's going to fall apart. I like that the Goldwing rider I met at Starbuck's in Placerville was curious about the bike and about why I chose it and respected me for doing so. I like that the cage driver at the Starbuck's in Folsom was not intimidated or put off by me and my machine and that he wanted to know all about it.

And this was just a four hour jaunt, with no particular place to go...

Kind of difficult to put it in words, but trust me, it's good stuff to be on a scooter on a 70 degree day the day after Thanksgiving motating quickly down a twisty backroad somewhere...