View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #35
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Wolfman rack ordered courtesy of the Dual Sport Armory Black Friday sale.

I'm hoping to use a US-30 on left and US-20 on right (exhaust) side of my XC. I'm thinking this is going to work almost perfect. Dimensions on the rack in stock form seem fine. The beauty is that it allows some serious expansion with my US-10's. If not, as much as I love my Kriega bags, I'll likely put them in the FM and move on to an Ortlieb setup. No one builds a better bag than Kriega, but I'm tired of the seat mounting solution and starting from scratch with the $$$$$$$ Overlander isn't an option for me.

I'll post pictures when I have the racks. I think this is going to be a sweet setup!
Hey levain,

Please feel free to drop me a line when you're ready to start putting this together. As mentioned previously, our US packs are designed to work perfectly as tail bags, but not panniers. So while it is *technically* possible to side mount them, there are some considerations to assess, such as the fact that they don't have stiffened bases / backs to give the bags structure when hung vertically and not relying on the quick-release clips to support the weight of the bags etc.

I'm more than happy to run through these with you in the hope you can continue using your beloved Kriega in this alternative configuration.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote