View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Yes, most of it was, but when you ride like I do (alone, 50-100 miles back out into the AZ desert, sometimes on 2-3 day trips) you have to take everything you can into consideration. I was never a boy scout, but I do believe in their moto "be prepared" I trust my highly modified (4 gallon Clarke tank, Bryan Swens luggage rack, kickstarter, 4mm thick tubes, and Cigar Mike centerstand, just to name a few) XT225 to get me in and out, and it has yet to fail me. It uses old technology which is easy to work with, both on the trail and at home (you can replace the cam chain without taking the engine apart). And with the rack, I can carry plenty of spares and tools. With the centerstand I can fix a flat, even if there is nothing within miles to prop the bike up on. These new bikes just don't have those capabilities. At least the 230 has an air cooled engine, carb, and a rack available.
Hello,

I get that you LOVE your xt and I like mine also. SoCal to Boise, 2500 mile trip.
Also think that before you comment on bikes other than seat height, you should RIDE said bikes.
What was Yamaha thinking when it went from 6 to 5 spds. on the xt? My 2 pennies.
Lets go for a ride.

Heirhead

heirhead screwed with this post 11-24-2012 at 09:57 PM
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote