View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #297
csustewy OP
Motojero

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply back.

There's been some snow, but we are still way behind both in the Front range and up in the mountains.

I haven't touched base with Mike in way to long.

Thanks again for letting us follow along on your trip and if/when you ever get your TA back to Colorado we'll have to get them together for a play date.
It's a pleasure to hear from you; likewise, thanks for taking the time to drop me a line! Hope you guys get some snow for the water side of it, but have plenty of days without to be able to ride.

I know that Mike has been trying to slow down on centerstand production, with what used to be a hobby turning into a business. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you whenever you get the chance.

This is the first time I've posted anything to this effect, so I guess it's finally sinking in for me, but I doubt the TA will make it back to the states with us. Not that she couldn't, it's just that it won't make sense economically. The way I see it is that riding back is out of the question (we will still have the time, what we won't have is the money). Shipping her back would likely cost about US$2000 all said and done. Then I would end up spending a lot of time and money fixing her up, which would be enjoyable, but costly on a bike that wouldn't be worth much more than US$2000 once improved. So... I am starting to consider options of how to sell her somewhat legally down here in South America. Bikes are worth a lot down here (for instance, a low mileage 89 TA was listed for around US$7000 recently in Argentina, however, this is one of the most strict countries for imports...). It will be a sad day to part with our trusty TA, but it's what's most likely to happen. Let me know if you know if any potential buyers in the southern cone...
csustewy is online now   Reply With Quote