View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Belgian Waffles OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
Scorpa ty125 carb issues

I put my trials riding on hiatus a couple years ago as i went off to uni and the scorpa (ty125 2006) started acting up a bit. When riding down the rocks pretty steep the idle would simply slow until it died very calmly.

Now the bike has been sitting for a while and i just recently put it all back together and gave it a go. With clean fuel and full choke it started right up. Rpm was obscenely high so i turned down the idle and seemed to be doing ok. Still full choke.

As it was getting warmer it didnt like the rich fuel anymore so i started easing off the choke but had to twist the throttle to keep the revs up so it wouldnt die. I tried to adjust the idle to get it to stay alive but now when i turned the idle screw it made no difference whatsoever. I turned the screw all the way in, all the way out and everywhere in between, but no change to the idle.

I remember trying this last year with the same results. Now i want to get back on the rocks so i really want this scorpa running properly, but i cant figure out why the idle screw seems to do nothing now (even though i got it to drop the idle down right when i first kicked it on with full choke). Carb is a mikuni ucal 3106.

Suggestions or similar experiences?

Thanks. BW.

Current: 1989 Honda Transalp, 2006 Scorpa TY125F trials
Past: 1999 KLR 650, 1990 Tengai 650
Belgian Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote