View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #5624
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGNC View Post
I bet that kid is still talking about it too. I refuse to wheelie for anyone but little kids are an exception.

Does anyone let kids sit on their bike? I've let a few people sit their small kids on my bike before. Even helped a handicapped kid (like 12ish) on my DRZ once. It's amazing how the simplest things will make a kid's day.
I wheelied my Bandit for the neighborhood kids once. The throttle stuck, I wound up taking out 4 poles and about 30 feet of my chainlink fence. I locked the rear wheel(didn't want to use the front brake and go over the bars lol), when the front end came down my backwheel hit the trailer hitch sticking out of my van in the driveway. Which spun me to the right pointing me towards the fence, and broke my back wheel. I then went through the fence. the look on the kids faces was priceless... I think they thought I died! I jumped up off the ground, pulled the 2 loaves of italian bread which I had stuffed into my jacket (the whole reason I had gone out) and anounced "It's OK, the bread isn't smushed!"

I fixed my throttle, and back wheel. But I don't do wheelies for the kids anymore, I can't even think about "what if one of the kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

I still love doing wheelies though, just not around the neighborhood.