View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #26
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
For the last 15 months, my Tmax has been my only street bike (besides my Agility scooter). After 40 years of riding motorcycles, I was not sure if I would miss a regular motorcycle, but I don't. The Tmax is perfect for the street and the way I ride. It is far more comfortable than any motorcycle I have ever owned, it has better wind and weather protection, it handles better (a very nice surprise) with crisp turn in and a combination of flingability and stability that encourages very enthusiastic asphalt dancing. No chicken strips at all - this bike loves to corner. The built in storage is a convenience I would not want to give up and the CVT has been the answer for my injured left hand. Gas mileage is excellent - my last road trip averaged 58 mpg. I have no desire to go back to a street motorcycle, although if I ever get this back problem cured, I would like to add a 250cc dual sport to the stable - the only thing the Tmax can't do is go dual sporting.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote