View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #244
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Agreed. Someone said they didn't like the Tiger 800XC because it had bad air flow, was too tall, and too squirly. Those all sound like selling points to me. Raw experience, good ground clearance, and manueverable...

All the discussion about feet forward seating position on cruisers got me thinking, though. What do you do to lift your butt off the seat to regain blood flow when cruising on the highway for extended periods? I was beginning to be tempted by the HD V-Rod, until I thought about that...Maybe brace your feet on the pegs and pull on the handlebars until your butt lifts off the seat? I'd hate to think what would happen if one hand slipped while trying to do that.
floorboards and a rider backrest help alot. just push with your legs. You can get your butt an inch off the seat and keep it there for a while. It helps alot. It helps when going over RR tracks too. It's hard to beat a cruiser for comfort if it's got floorboards, a backrest, a windshield, and some wind protection for the legs.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote