View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #118
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
I thought I'd throw my dealership story out there. When I was thinking about getting another motorcycle I thought about getting a scooter. I talked the wife into going to get a cup of coffee with me and it turned out that the coffee shop was next door to the scooter place.

We walked in and looked at the different scooters and asked all sorts of questions and then left. We went to the coffee shop and talked about it. The wife said that if I liked it I should go in a get it.

We finished our coffee and headed back to the scooter store. I asked the sales man if we could take the bike for a ride. He said that they didn't have any demos of the scooter I was interested in. OK, how about a similar sized scooter to see how it rides two up. Sorry, I'd have to make an appointment and come back at a later date to actually ride one.

The salesman was usually the mechanic and was filling in, but I'd think if somebody spent half an hour talking about a bike with you and then came back I'd assume that they were actually interested in buying. Since there was no way I could get a bike that day I thanked him went home and found my 1100GS for about the same money.

I guess I should be thankful, if I had a scooter (even one as cool as a Stella) I doubt I'd have stayed happy.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote