View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,105
I also have one of these helmets. What I like is lots of ventilation, great peripheral vision compared to a street full coverage helmet, price.
What I don't like ..... Neck strain at speed. In the rain your face still gets pretty wet. The helmet is physically HUGE and you hit your head on every tree branch you are near as a result. The visor is flimsy for impacts and the shield detent adjuster breaks eventually on both sides so the shield just falls down. The biggest dislike though is in the dust. Riding as anywhere other than first rider your shield will get dirty both inside and outside. So , I still prefer an MX helmet /goggles for real dirt riding where I am not leading. The design sucks dirt right into your eyes. Of course you could remove the shield and wear goggles,but an MX helmet is a lot lighter, smaller and your goggles fit your face poorly in the 39. It is a compromise like much of DS stuff.
I still use it all the time. And I don't like the chin strap...D Ring type please AFX.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote