View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #379
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,489
I definitely remember "Camp Kingfish Wings" as being a very beery event. What a great end to a very relaxed day's riding. Matty and I took the private station track across the sand dunes after catching up with my mates on the cattle station. Awesome full throttle run across a private road, so no worries about oncoming 4WDs, only herds of cattle grazing in the scrub alongside the track. We went so fast across that area, I actually thought we'd overtaken you guys, even with a half hour head-start. I took some video but it didn't capture the run as well as I'd hoped, as the GoPro was pointing down a bit.
Just for the viewers sake, even though we rode about 3 hours north east of the homestead, we were still on the station property, to give you an idea of how big this cattle station really is. Where we camped sorted out the issue of Ani running off to join a dingo pack. No dingoes on that station. No wild camels either. Lots of rocks though. My Luxury Lite camp stretcher paid for itself, once again.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.

Sundowner screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 02:44 AM
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote