Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #3439
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Boomer, does that crew have any camo skill at all? I run full camo as my first skill on all my TD crews. It makes a huge difference.
All crew members except the commander (recon 90%) are training in camo. 3/4 are at 75% and the gunner who I did Deadeye with first, is at 16%
I pretty much raced up the line as fast as possible, so that's why they aren't at 100% yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'd agree - full camo on the T25/2 crew is needed (or at least you have camo and are building up to 100% camo on all crew members). And it's not just needed there - if you even try moving up without camo into the T-28 Proto, you're going to have a hell of a time.

I"m seeing a 380 view range for a 100% commander on the 25/2, so with binocs that should be about a 475 view range... and that's pretty good. Keep in mind that binocs don't work until after 3 seconds from coming to a full stop. If you're moving too much you won't see them, but they will eventually see you.

I used to use my 25/2 in Maliknovka Assault 'Defense' battles by placing it on the knoll at E 8/9 (close to the D/E line), and spot a lot of enemy coming up. With 100% camo, and a camo net, I could spot well enough, and sometimes could get away with shooting and still not get seen. Had some of my best 25/2 games from that spot.

And if there are multiple bushes in between you and them, you may not see them at all. Ideally you want one bush between you and what you're spotting, or if others are lighting them up then multiple bushes so you can just see the outlines to shoot at, but hopefully won't get seen yourself.
if I'm hiding in a bush, I try to keep it down to 1 as it drops my fps down so low it's impossible to be smooth with aiming. So even when i can't see another 25/2 across the map, he is shooting me. Which brings up another question - if I can see their name and tank tag, but can't get a green arrow in the scope to shoot at anywhere near them, how are they able to blast me? are they shooting at my name only?

which leads to

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Maybe you suck too?
no doubt about it.
Nice thing about the 25/2 is that I rarely lose money despite getting hammered all the time. I've learned to really hate open maps now with any tank due to arty. I must have a sign on my turret that says 'shoot me first' cuz if there is a pack of 5 roaming around, it's a safe bet I'm the target