View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #2033
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_PDX View Post
Bummer about the H3 issues. I was thinking about upgrading from my original HD version to the H3 but I guess I'll let the bugs get sorted out first.

Jon...
I recently finished a couple days of testing the H3B, after using GPs recommended procedures (not listed in the manual) I was able to narrow it down to bad batterys, turns out 3 out of the 4 batterys shipped with the cam were bad. This goes along with many of the problem symptoms I've read about with the H3B (shutting down, corrupted files etc...) It's not a charge level issue, the batteys are misreporting the level of charge to the cam.

GPs customer service is replacing them as we speak.

Two key issues not mentioned in the documentation:
1) Always format the micro SD card with the camera prior to filming.
2) Use a wall plug USB charger, 1a rating is preferred. Do not rely on charging via a computer's usb port, it does not supply enough current for the GoPro.

Definately buy extra batterys if you go with the new GP, the average runtime is a little over an hour per battery @ 1080P/60FPS, Wifi will reduce that a little.

If they come out with a skeleton case for the H3s I'll probably run a 64G card and a remote battery pack (4 hrs of video) The H2's 2 hr recording time has spoiled me.

RideFreak screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 03:26 PM
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote