Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #827
PinkPillion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWan View Post
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
Good god, Aimee!
What happened? It looks like you probably canít talk about it.
You make it sound so good, I'm intrigued...
I googled around - is this the Pauley Creek Trail you and PinkPillion are talking about?
Yes, it's a Fight Club thing.
It wasn't a two up eat it. I was on my Husky.
This last spring, went down Butcher Ranch Trail at the trailhead. Somewhere along Butcher ranch, I broke my mirror off, leaving the ballmount metal part still on the bar. It was kind of jagged and razor sharp, but really didn't think about it. Until I was going up the waterfall singletrack section of Upper Pauley Creek, and hit a tree root. The mount slammed my chin right under my helmet and punctured a huge 2 in across and 1 inch deep hole. The blood immediately started gushing like a stuck pig. I sat down and waited for Richard to come back down the hill to find me. Duct taped the wound and had to ride out 8+ miles--in a mild shock situation. Dizzy and sick, but I made it back to the truck. Hell yah. Lesson to all...take off the WHOLE damn broken mirror mount.

I think the video is Butcher Ranch to Downieville? We turn up at the junction. It takes you to a green footbridge across the creek, then through a Rubiconish dark rocky uphill. It loops back to Gold Lake with plenty of babyheads across the trail.

Good times though, good times!
You two could probably spend a week riding the Gold Lakes area. Other gnarly trails like the Divides are quite challenging. PM if you head back that way and need some ideas.
PinkPillion is offline   Reply With Quote