View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
In the Hyperstrada thread I mentioned that that new bike might sway me from my intended purchase of a new Monster, and I recieved this reply...

and it got me wondering just WTF is wrong with a Monster?
Is there anybody who's not a n00b with 8 posts saying "trust me" with any real reason not to get a Monster?

I loved the ride of the 900M I test rode years ago, and love the look of most naked roadsters.
Why should I trust some annonymous poster with no reasons expressed? I understand that the seat on the new 796 and 1100 Evo are much more comfortable and don't crush you against the tank, and that was my only complaint, but I haven't ridden either of the new ones yet.

I had a M695 monster that I sold for a F650GS-T. I didn't like the range of the monster, I didn't like that I couldn't put much baggage on it (I paid the Termi tax and had the hi-set pipes) and after riding in the city found I vastly preferred the riding position of the R1200/F800. As my only bike it just didn't do it. However, as a second bike Id love to have another monster.

Emperor Norton screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 10:20 PM Reason: pics r cool
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote