View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #47
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 935
Yes I know exactly what you're saying and that's what I want too!!

From what I've read most call the Horizon good up to 80ish.

I think the big place the Horizon will fall short is that there are no sleeve vents. Yes you can open the cuffs a bit but with handguards I don't expect a lot of airflow out of it. I'd like to see mini versions of the chest vents on the sleeves. It's not in the line for summer 2013 though, there are no changes to the Horizon. I've heard that Gore wants to license Rev-It's Aquadefence system.

You should check out the Klim Latitude Misano maybe? Although it has no chest vents, you can't fold the collar back (!?) and there is no back pocket for my hydration reservoir so it's out for me. Then if you wear a small pack with one you block the rear vent...argh. Two vertical vents would flow more air and work with a pack if needed. I've heard a few reports of the sleeve vents leaking too.

Olympia's AST (I've read of those leaking at the sleeve too) and First Gear I'm not sure about. Neither of those fit me well since they are too boxy.

Then there's the Badlands. REALLY heavy though which supposedly you don't notice with the kidney belt done up. At least it ticks more boxes.
Rev-It Everest would be an option too.

Then it just goes up in $$ from there.

Am I missing any?

So I'm back to starting my own clothing line to go with my parts...

Dave

www.motooverland.com

toowheels screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 10:47 AM
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote