View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #48
riderddonald OP
Lost rider

Oddometer: 572
Correction on the tour company name, it is Costa Rican Trails not Tours and David was my contact. They have a form to fill out on line and they will send you an email with an itenerary then you can make changes from there. I rented the 800GS just because we were 2 up. If I would have been solo I may have rented a smaller 200 - 250 cc bike or maybe a 650GS. It depends on what kind of riding you want to do and how many kilometers a day. I spent a couple months reading Ride Reports to get ideas of where I might like to go. If I came back alone I would probibly try to hit 2 of the areas I did this time and maybe one other in the southern part and do more back roads.

The roads on the southern part of the Nicoya Pennisila were great and there were alot I didn't get to ride. Up around Monteverde looks like there are some good back roads but a good chance of rain there anytime, it is the Cloud Forest. Maybe the OSO Pennisla also just to see the southern part of the country.

Maybe we need to start a CR Roads database from people who have traveled there and maybe a few of our local Tico friends on the forum. Also I ordered a map from CRMapas.com which was great and showed all the roads I was on, I think. When I just lgged on tho I didn't see where to get the map I have, they had maps of individual ares which may be helpful also. I'll check my map in the room when I get back down there and if it's different I'll let you know. Also when I get home I'll mark the route I took and post it.

Heading to Tamarindo today with another couple to check it out.

Pura Vida