View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #8034
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post

I do know a previous owner installed some sort of "jet kit" so I'm assuming some aspect of the job was botched. My thinking is to start with a basic carb balance and continue from there if necessary. Does that sound right?

Thanks!
i would research a bit to understand 1) how you want the carbs vented, best i think is individualy with each hose terminating just below where they exit the bottom of the airbox. 2) which jetting solution you want , one of the carb kits (not factory pro!!!!)or tested solutions from inmates 3) make sure canisterectomy (charcoal canister system and not necessarily the sas) is performed correctly with no leaks and on each intake 1 of the 2 vacuum ports is sealed and the other has its hose run to the back side of the airbox and plugged, allowing for ez access to plug each hose onto the carb syncher ,so you can at least check sync with the tank in place . 4) also consider installing flex jet remote fuel screws which make fine tuning so much easier as you don't have to pull the tank
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote