View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #422
crestedbutte-rtw OP
PRO SHORTBUS RIDER

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris01 View Post
Hey Fletch

I'm posting this from way back on day 90 which is as far as I've read into your RR so disregard if you have it sorted out ..

I dunno, I googled your levels too and they look OK to me..
One thing tho..as a firefighter I spent days/weeks/months on end wearing heavy protective hot turnout boots that are not dissimilar to my current dualsport AlpineStars (not sure what you're wearing for boots)
I developed bad plantar fasciitis from the steel soles and general stiffness of the lower boots.
Could hardly get down the stairs first thing in the morning and my feet and shins would swell.
The pain would radiate from the bottom of my feet in front of the heel bone.

Oh yea, and walking on a sandy beach barefoot REALLY made it worse :/

Got a promotion to a white helmet, got out of my bunker boots and my feet eventually cleared up.
Hot weather plus boots all day, some anti-fungal powder wouldn't hurt either.
Some non-prescription anti-inflammatory ie ibuoprofin can't hurt to try.

You never know, but changing footwear could be worth a shot.
Takes more than a couple of weeks to clear up with different footwear, that's why mine was chronic as long as I wore my boots.

Really enjoying the report, thanks for doing this for all of us!!
Cheers
This is very interesting thank you so much for taking the time to write me; I am planning on changing boots when I head to Australia. I am stopping in LA for a few days since it is cheaper to take two one way flights and stay with my brother. Getting rid of a bunch of unwanted gear and picking up a few new stuff including boots and changing up my helmet.

Thanks so much for following along.

Boots are now considered a Nuclear weapon.. hahaha They are Brutal..
crestedbutte-rtw is offline   Reply With Quote