View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #32
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise2 View Post
and an "obit" when you close . . example.
yeah. And he could get hit by a bus, too; or suddenly develop a galloping malignancy, suffer a myocardial infarction. So the global economy is for shit; so times are so unstable and unpredictable that solid dealers who know what they're doing - like NoHo - are forced out anyway.

The OP is not a fool; he's a businessman - and a successful businessman in that specific market - who seems very well aware of the realities, and moreover able to capture and integrate the things about the scoot-shop biz he may not know. And to factor them in according to his well-founded understanding of all business. The man is doing his homework.

WTF is life without hope? Without a calculated & careful run at the odds? I'll tell you: it's reduced to smirky and empty one-liner 'obit' quips that defeat joie d'vivre.

This whole deal may be entirely untenable, and yet...in a time of rapid die-off of the independent bookstore in this country, of a wholesale shift to e-books, I know people who opened a book shop 18 months ago, and who are making money hand-over-fist.

Let us not, in ways clever or otherwise, start counting the house at the OP's funeral. Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...

redhandmoto screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 09:42 AM
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote