View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #6094
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
When you buy the uSD version the lock applies to the card itself so it can be used in any compatible gps, but can't be copied to another card to use in a second gps. The biggest disadvantage to uSD is that they can't be upgraded, and Lifetime Map Updates don't apply to the card.

Those same disadvantages also apply to the download version.
Thanks for that. Just confirming I can use it in my 62 one day and the montana the next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
I'm thinking while you're in the states you should pay your buddy Wayne a visit in San Diego
I'm gonna try! One of the issues we had are my knee guards are 3" too low; his response when I told him was that "in YOUR country you should be able to get anyone to fix that in 5 minutes!" I've literally been to 100+ taylors and no one will touch it.
The velcro is coming off the gear all over the place; in a letter he insisted that was impossible as he uses the very best velcro on the planet. He also told me the very day I wrote the letter the velcro was coming off he got another letter from someone who wore the gear every day for 28 years and they wrote in to praise the velcro. I'm wondering what he'll say to me when he sees it falling off in person?

Got a waypoint for Wayne?
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote