View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #43
dvwalker OP
Working to ride

Oddometer: 711
dewey bridge to Green River

Proceeding on hwy 128 pavement for a few miles, we turned onto Owl Draw Rd heading west then north. This is an unimproved jeep trail and was a lot of fun. Eventually crossing under US I-70.

One of the old mining shacks still standing, at least for now.

eventually you pass under I-70 on frontage road then head west on a jeep track after crossing the denver rio grande western rail line.

Conditions were icy in spots, definitly had to pay attention. Water was still draining from the previous rain event and just below surface grade, and in the draws crossing the road

appears rancher is working the area getting it ready for grazing

fussing with his bungie tied bits. I think next trip Tom will finally break down and buy an waterproof ortieb bag

for the most part, we ran side by side until green river, until....

This. BackCountryCruizer was feeling in the zone so twisted the throttle and took point. I was still not feeling it with the icy conditions. Then around one of the next corners, I see this which didn't look good

you can see in the line how he lost it, got sideways, then regained forward momentum towards the bank, until the front went left and nosed under. His foot was severely tweaked under the bike. Bike was okay with exception of the Lynx fairing, which you can see is cracked and came jarred loose from the mounts. After a quick repair and sucking up the major pain, BackCountryCruizer remounted his stead for our final push into Green River for gas and lunch. So close to pulling it out...

last wet draw before Green River. I took a virgin line

old US 50, mother nature beginning to reclaim

Pulled into Green River around 3:30pm, a bit longer than expected with the unexpected. Tom's 690r ran out of gas just about 100 yards from the gas stop, but was able to coast into the pump. Text book, but lucky...

dvwalker screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 01:34 PM
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote