View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Quikegeo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Talking MOTO AL SUR!! Tico riding solo from Costa Rica to Chile!!

Sometimes you know something is going to happen..… You know what I mean??

I always knew I that would have a motorcycle, I didn't know how... but I knew it.. I knew my first bike would be a Vespa.. didn't know how but…then, suddenly (and with lots of work) I had my Vespa. I always knew I would have a BMW bike, and also that I would make a great trip on it through America.. AGAIN.. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW BUT.. I KNEW IT!!.. that’s what I am going to do now! I have been inspired by so many bikers and after reading so many RR’s that surprised me and make me desire my own trip. Jantarek, Radioman and BetoLara & Naomi have been some of those travelers that help me with their information, pictures and histories that I would like to live by myself.

So let me introduce myself and tell you about my trip, MOTO AL SUR!

I am a Costa Rican biker, I will ride my G650GS (2011) from Costa Rica to Santiago de Chile. I am leaving on Dec 14th, and planning to be in Santiago around Jan 10-12th . I will do most of my trip solo, but my brother Xavier (Quimexa) and my friends Max and Franco will join me from Costa Rica to Panama city. I will cross the Darien Gap with Girag cargo, they will send my bike to Bogota. Then I will hit the road towards Peru… when I will meet my girlfriend on Christmas eve.

We are planning to go to Cusco, Macchu Pichu, Puno (Titicaca lake), Arequipa... then I will keep going south, towards Santiago.

I don’t have a lot of time, so I won't have time to spend on lots of places, but I know I will enjoy meeting people and feeling the taste of every town I will pass by..

I have divided the trip in 4 stages.. I will try to update my RR while I am on the road.

1. COSTA RICA-PANAMA ( 2 DAYS-834Km)
Maybe this is the most important part of the trip, cause I need to be in Panama City by Dec 15th... The bike need to be in Girag one day before GIRAG send it to Bogota on 16th.

2.BOGOTA-PERU (7 DAYS- 3175Km)
I will do this solo. My first contact with SA riding my bike! The timing is pretty tight, but I think is doable, I only have one spare day. I will meet my girlfriend in Lima, where the stage 3 begins... :)

3.LIMA-AREQUIPA ( 9 DAYS-1789Km)
The relax stage.. We'll go to Machu Picchu, Cusco, Arequipa.. ride and take easy. Pretty much vacation time!

4.AREQUIPA-SANTIAGO (8 DAYS- 3085Km)
The final stage. Atacama desert! I will go to San Pedro de Atacama and ride to the Altiplano Lakes.

So what do you think?? I can’t wait to start the trip!!!!

PURA VIDA!

Quikegeo screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 07:57 PM
Quikegeo is offline   Reply With Quote