View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #257
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteraan View Post
The first comment on that video is correct. There is no way that is a 4,400rpm idle. I don't trust those tach readings at all.

The guy who races it is a English as a second language guy for sure but replied to another question about the tach reading with this,

"We using AIM/Italy dashboard as you saw. If you not truth in me you should truth in AIM.
We have a lot modify on this engine. and This is Racing ECU(Stand alone) not OEM so RPM setting by computer. This is real bro. And Camshaft change power brand from 9000-11000 RPM to 14500-16000.

Sound.
Because next race in BIRA circuit straight not too long exhaust have to be a bit short then sound is not sweet."

He claims they have sold ECUs to Yosh himself recently. This is a FI 250 too, they can't get the 300 although they are built there. I doubt I want to mod to the levels this guy is at but bumping up the rev ceiling with the right upgrades and adding a bump of HP up top wouldn't be a bad thing. I could live with less torque at under 6k for sure.

You don't really need to ride the 300 like a 300, I expected alot of shifting and revving. I can lope along in 6th at 40-45 MPH and roll on decent power.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote