View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #206
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
While at the farm during deer season, I was digging around looking at the cast iron. The bottom of the cast iron pot had both Wagner and Griswold labels. What's up with that?
I believe that when Griswold went out of business, Wagner bought the molds out http://www.griswoldcookware.com/history.htm

ignore what they say about them not being 'collectable' - to any of us looking for good CI to cook with that has some history, they're probably as good as anything. Wagner made good stuff, and if I understand what I've read correctly, yours was still made to Wagner specs sometimes after the 1950's, but not in the 1970's.

Later Trademarks

• In 1915, Wagner stamped one large italic W followed by smaller letters "agner" and "are" on the bottom of its cast iron cookware. These trademarks included Wagner ware Sidney O stamped on many different pots and skillets until 1959; Griswold Wagner ware on Dutch ovens, muffin pans and skillets from 1915 forward; Wagner ware inside a triangle on skillets and NATIONAL Wagner ware from 1915 until an uncertain date. The company stamped WagnerWare on numerous products from 1959 forward. In 1991, it marketed a "Wagner's 1891 original" on its cast iron cookware.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 08:16 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote